DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING PROCESS
Web Furniture makes furniture in ready-to-assemble kit form for on-line sale and large-scale retail chains, distinguished by Italian design and devised for easy assembly.
The careful organisation of what we do and how we do it, along with our ability to adapt to customer requests and our unique Italian style, which is recognisable in all products, have over the years ranked us as one of the leading European players in the production of furniture for large-scale retail chains and e-commerce channels.
The production of our furniture, step by step
Our process involves a sequence of steps, ranging from the initial concept of a new design through to delivery (directly to the end consumer, to our customer’s carrier or directly to their warehouse), to an efficient after-sales service.
The design concept
Every item of Web Furniture is conceived and designed in Italy. Our design is anything but standard, but rather boasts a strong stylistic characterisation, which makes our products highly recognisable on the market.
The shapes, the colour combinations, the proportions of the furniture are all studied thoroughly. Our designers are constantly updated on global trends, as well as on specific ones in the various areas of Europe.
Design 100% made in Italy makes our furniture modern, elegant and packed with sophisticated details.
Every new furniture concept is first “sketched” on paper by our designers: hand drawing is the fastest way to capture the creative intuition of the moment.
Using a render, the “sketch” is then transformed into a three-dimensional image for a more realistic evaluation of the design and the various finish possibilities.
We often share the design with some of our historic customers to get their take and feedback before moving on to the next steps.
Once approved, we go directly to the industrialisation phase, with the technical development of all the product components, the packaging diagram and assembly instructions, and then on to the production phase.
In some cases, a sample is initially made so that it can be tested and offered to the prospect before approval.
From the final design, we go straight to furniture production.
The process starts with the processing of melamine-covered particle board panels in various sizes and thicknesses, which are cut, edgebanded and drilled according to the design of the kit in order to be easily assembled by the end user.
The main processes they undergo are:
- Sizing. The particle board panels are sized using specific cutting systems to obtain smaller panels from which the various parts of the cabinet (doors, top, side panels, base units, etc.) can be obtained.
- Squaring and edgebanding. The sized material is adjusted to the final size with accuracy to the nearest millimetre and then edgebanded on the sides. The edges can be of various heights, depending on the thickness of the semi-finished product, and various colours, either in a glossy or matt finish, to match the panel.
- Drilling. Using numerical control machines, according to the design technical drawings, holes are drilled for the insertion of hardware. The automatic drilling machines guarantee the utmost precision and this makes for the perfect assembly of the various components during the assembly of the item of furniture by the end user.
- Shaping and painting. Sometimes, additional machining is required to complete certain parts of our furniture. Shaping allows us to achieve semi-finished products with specific shapes, such as curving, rounding and more. The painting process, which involves an extremely rapid UV “veil” process, gives the furniture a perfectly uniform glossy lacquer.
- Packaging the kits. Each furniture component is carefully packed in flat cardboard boxes for easy handling and shipping. The boxes also contain hardware kits comprising hinges, handles, assembly accessories and the assembly instructions.
- Quality control and assembly test. Quality control is carried out throughout the manufacturing process, from start to finish. Our quality-team
applies the procedures of the ISO9001 system and makes sure the quality standards are met as required by the international standard to ensure an impeccable end result, both from a product and process perspective.
A complete assembly test is performed for each new production batch.
Furniture packaging and shipping
In some cases, once production batches have been packaged, they are immediately shipped to the customers who commissioned them. In all other cases, they are stored in our warehouses and made available for immediate delivery
Packaging is functional to the various distribution channels. We offer a variety of customised labelling and shipping options, reinforced packaging for dropshipping, or customised mixed product pallets for cross-docking.
Furniture shipping for e-commerce businesses or large-scale retail chains can be under our responsibility or that of the customer. We deliver to almost anywhere in the world very quickly, using different means depending on various needs and specific situations.
To give systematicity to our efforts, we decided to undertake some certification paths.
Web Furniture is available to supply FSC certified products upon request